15 Spring Closet Essentials

I’ve been on a shopping hiatus since my clothes haul that covered the basics. Something about winter – with the cold and the dreariness – takes away my urge to shop for anything other than mittens and socks. It’s just too cold to shed 5 layers in a tiny dressing room and freeze to death for a new pair of pants. But with warm weather on the way, I’m so ready to add some bright colors and dresses to my closet! Here’s what I have my eye on for spring.

15 Spring Essentials

What’s on your spring shopping list? Any trends that you’re especially excited about? I’m determined to add a couple of dresses to my wardrobe – the floral maxi is a splurge but I love it! I’d wear it with the khaki sleeveless jacket to tone it down a bit.

1. Bright skinnies – J Crew | 2. Neon tote – Gap | 3. Printed pants – H&M | 4. Gladiators – Coconuts | 5. Oxfords – Gap | 6. Espadrille wedges – Just Fab | 7. Floral wide leg – Loft | 8. Floral maxi – Modcloth | 9. Striped dress – JCPenney | 10. Peasant blouse – Madewell | 11. Lace top – JCPenney | 12. Nautical tee – All Saints | 13. Boyfriend blazer – Dorothy Perkins | 14. Colorblock coat – Zara | 15. Sleeveless jacket – Zara

This post is sponsored by MyDeals.com where you can find personalized deals and coupon codes for popular brands like Nordstrom, Target, and Babies R Us. So if you want an AllSaints discount for the above nautical tee or want to splurge on designer shoes at Heels.com, check MyDeals before buying!


chases 3 small kids and edits Hello Natural

Stay Connected



  1. says

    Ooo, great choices. I prefer spring shopping as well, which is why 75 percent of my closet is summer clothes and the remaining 25 percent have to be worn six months out of the year.

  2. says

    I just bought a pair of pants very similar to the second pair at the Loft last week
    Can’t wait to wear them
    Hope you are having a great weekend

    • gerbermom says

      This will make up for all the times I had to hear about your fabulously warm summer while freezing this winter! :)

    • gerbermom says

      Thanks Kristin! Now I just have to find the time to actually go shopping – or I guess I should do it all online. That is definitely more mom friendly!

    • gerbermom says

      That stripe dress is from a line I love – Joe Fresh – that’s now at JCPenney. We’ve got to check it out!

  3. says

    I really want some (non chunky) oxfords, more stripes (there’s always room for more stripes!), and lace!!!

    I’ve been holding back on buying things too, but I keep telling myself I’ll let myself have a little shopping spree once I hit my goal weight!

    • gerbermom says

      omg, if I wait to get to my goal weight I’ll never get to shop! But, yes, there is always room for more stripes!

    • gerbermom says

      Isn’t that an awesome coat? It’s from Zara and I may have to take advantage of their online store now!

    • gerbermom says

      You could definitely rock some colored jeans! Bu I hear you, I love my boyfriend pair – they are sooo comfy.

  4. says

    Great pics! And yes to patterned pants! I have a couple polka dot pairs that I love, but I’d love a post on how to style patterned pants for those of us who are a little scared of bold prints (Shannon is the fashionable one in our blog duo lol.)

    • gerbermom says

      I’m a little intimidated by bold prints too – I usually end up wearing a solid t-shirt! We’ll have to see if we can come up with a few more interesting options! :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>