Have you ever attempted the ‘master cleanse’? I am definitely not that brave! A cleanse of any kind would probably just make me cranky and crazy and dying for carbs. A few years ago my pilates teacher, who, of course, was already a string bean, completed the whole thing and it sounded just awful. But she did introduce me to the benefits of water with lemon and cayenne pepper. Now my cleanse water is part of my daily routine!
Benefits of Cleanse Water
- Lemon juice and cayenne pepper are both immune boosters and natural detoxifiers
- Lemons aid digestion, help fight hunger cravings, and help stimulate the liver to remove toxins
- Cayenne pepper helps the body sweat out toxins while improving blood and lymphatic circulation so your cells get more nutrients
How to Make Cleanse Water
- Glass of water
- ½ lemon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- A few chopped ginger slices (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Squeeze half of a lemon and add a dash of cayenne pepper to your water and stir. Add in ginger and honey if desired.
Squeeze half of a lemon and add a dash of cayenne pepper to your water and stir. Add a few chopped slices of ginger for more detox and weight loss benefits (yes, please!). You can add a tablespoon or so of honey for a touch of sweetness. I’ll make a big water bottle of this in the morning and drink throughout the day. It’s perfect for banishing afternoon sugar cravings – definitely my biggest weakness!
What are your tricks for drinking more water? Have you ever tried a cleanse?